What is Canal Treatment (Endodontics)?
The crown on the top of the gum and visible in the mouth of the tooth, the invisible in the mouth and the hidden part of the bone is called the root, each tooth has a unique root number. At the center of the tooth, both the crown and the root part of the soft connective tissue and the vitality feature of the part of the tooth is called pulp. Endodontics is interested in all kinds of problems related to this section called tooth's nerve. Deep root caries, fractures and cracks in the teeth, trauma and pulp at the root canal treatment is done due to inflammation.
Inflammation in pulp inflammation shows itself as redness or swelling around the teeth, sensitivity to chewing, hot and cold in the form of long-lasting pain. We aim to eliminate the need for an implant or a bridge prosthesis by maintaining the patient's mouth and maintaining a healthy function by applying canal treatment to our patients who apply to us with these symptoms.
What are the stages of canal treatment?
- Local anesthesia and numbing of teeth and surrounding tissues
- Removal of caries and infected structures and access to root canals
- Determination of root canal length with apex locator devices and radiography
- Shaping root canals using hand tools and rotary tools
- Removal of infected microorganisms by intramuscular disinfectants
- Filling the root canals and restoring the upper part
Success in Canal Treatment?
With the advances in technology, the success rate increases, and the success of a canal treatment in accordance with the correct indications and guidelines has a high level of 90-95%. It should not be forgotten that canal treatment is the last treatment step before the extraction of a tooth and there are always risks of complications that are not under the control of the physician.
For further information please contact our center.